Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Saint Nicodemus Monastery

  • Address
    Rehov Bialik, 1, Ramla, Israel
  • Web
  • Visiting hours
    Everyday from 9:00 to 11:00
  • What to see
    “Descent” by Titian


The church belonging to the Franciscan Custody, it was one of the lands purchased by the friars in 1396 to guard the Holy Places. According to tradition, the site had previously been owned by Saint Joseph of Arimathea, the man who claimed the lifeless body of Jesus on the cross.

The current building was erected at the end of the 19th century, on top of a 14th-century monastery. It is worth noting the painting on the main altar, a “Descent” attributed to Titian, which was donated by the city of Madrid in 1846.

Photo Credit: Way To Jerusalem

This post is also available in: Español Italiano

Leave a Comment