Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Church of Saints Justo and Pastor

The Church of Saints Justo and Pastor del Pedregal is a building possibly from the 16th century, although elements such as the alfiz suggest that it could date back to the last third of the 15th century. It has a single nave design with a rectangular chancel and a stone portico with three arches. In the 17th century, two chapels were added, one of which, dated 1707, was destined for the exclusive use of the Fernández Colado family and has a baroque altarpiece by the sculptor Antonio Borja (1661-1719). Another chapel, used as a sacristy, has access through a semicircular arched door. Inside the church, there is an anonymous tomb under a pointed arch, surrounded by 16th century imposts.

Next to the church is one of the oldest trees in Spain, a carbayo of impressive dimensions, with approximately 8 meters in circumference and about 20 meters high, which stands out for its beauty and monumentality.

Images courtesy GuiaVisualdelCaminoPrimitivo

  • Address
    Unnamed Road, Pedregal, Asturias
  • Web
  • Visiting Hours
  • What to see
    Tiny chapel, ancient tree


This post is also available in: Español Italiano

Leave a Comment